Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 1

so i decided that it would be kind of cool to just keep a little blog about my experience here in the Big Apple... actually, why is it called the Big Apple? it just dawned on me that i have no clue. i am not going to lie and say that i dont miss kansas. i think it is like a safety blanket. i really dont understand why this gig is any different that others?

-- maybe because its like i am singing at the big house... for many this a dream come true

-- maybe because i am living here for longer than the usual 3 weeks that one comes for audition season

-- maybe because i actually graduated and this like the beginning of the next chapter in my life

waking up today and realizing that i am no longer in the land of lawrence hit me pretty hard.... BUT something awful happened! i figured i should listen to some music on my ipod.... AND....my ipod was NOWHERE to be found... methinks i left it in the super shuttle on the way to my friends place... sigh... soooooooooooo much music lost and now i have to start all over. i also talked or rather left a message to the roomate of the girl that i am subleasing the place from in oct. i promised her i was not crazy....FOOL HAHAHA

so i decided to meet up with Kerry Gottschall for a late lunch. it was fun trying to find the restaurant and moew fun to just hang out. i told kerry what happened with the ipod we basically discovered that i should just let her go! my ipods name was "MAY" as in it cost me my rent for the month of may. i did put in a lost and found report but i shall not hold my breath.

after our little get together i decided it was time for me to get a new ipod... so we went to the mac store and bought a new 160 gig and mic ipod. what should a name it?

we parted ways and i snuck into NOLA studios to try and warm up. sorta did then hopped on the 1train and went to manhattan school of music for a coaching. it dawned on me that i have not really sung in a while. i have taught a lot but as far as my own singing i havent really concentrated on that. it went ok... i am out of practice.

i am now chilling at my buds place. i have my first rehearsal and an audition...but i will fill ya in.

i hope this was not too boring.

4 comments:

  1. Not boring at all - and looking forward to your future. Future posts, and future LIFE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to new adventures in New York!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugo
    pls write often, we miss you.
    call us when u have a min.
    ipod name? humm Meshuga(crazy in hebrew) and a psychodalic band name too. haha.
    loveya
    Miki

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always liked the name Vishnick

    ReplyDelete